APAwood – Europe

The leading resource for information about engineered wood products for the UK and Europe

About APA

Products & Trademarks

Official Guidelines

Green Topics


Contact us

CPR and CE Marking

Mandatory CE Marking under CPR

Manufacturers of wood-based products  covered by either a harmonised European standard (hEN) or a European Technical Assessment (ETA) must apply for CE marking under the 2013 Construction Products Regulation.

This applies to any product or kit which is produced and placed on the market for incorporation in a permanent manner in construction works or parts thereof and the performance of which has an effect on the performance of the construction works with respect to the basic requirements for construction works.’

Products must clearly display the CE mark and have the correct Declaration of Performance documentation.  (However, this does not mean that the product will automatically be suitable for all  applications in every European country.)  Learn more about placing DoPs online.

 APA CE-Marked Products

Specific APA member mills are already able to supply products carrying CE marking under

Product marked under AVCP system CE 2+ for structural use can also be used for non-structural applications. But buyers need to check with individual mills under which Attestation of Conformity their panels have been assessed.

Panels manufactured to the US standards but not bearing a CE marking can still be legally used within the European Union where they are not permanently incorporated into the construction, for example concrete formwork, crating, hoarding and non-permanent buildings.

APA Help Desk : engineered wood experts are available to answer your questions about the specification and application of APA products.  Ask a question online or call APA on 001 253 620 7400.