Key Amendments to EN 13986:2004+A1:2015
EN 13986:2004+A1:2015 is the most important harmonised European standard for wood-based panels. It defines the performance characteristic and test methods for wood-based panels (including plywood, OSB and LVL) enabling their use in construction applications. Compliance confers a presumption of ‘fitness for purpose’ for a particular, intended end use.
The main 2015 amendments cover:
- Racking resistance, embedment strength and air permeability added in Tables 1 – 7.
- The introduction into Tables 1 – 7 of permeability.
- Normative references of standards now includes:
- EN 383 Timber structures – Test methods – Determination of embedment strength and foundation values for dowel type fasteners
- EN 12114 Thermal performance of buildings – Air permeability of building components and building elements – Laboratory test method.
- New sub-clauses were added:
- 15.3 Racking resistance (wall sheathing on studs).
- A new sub-clause 4.8 dealing with dangerous substances in addition to those previously covered in the standard.
- Clause 5, Table 8 has been expanded to include a variety of end use conditions.
- Clause 6 Assessment and verification of constancy of performance and of Annex ZA has been updated to reflect the terminology and requirements of the Construction Products Regulation.